Mon, May 01|
The Center for Teaching Excellence, TAMU
Evidence-Based Practice and Policy Workshop 2023
Time & Location
May 01, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
The Center for Teaching Excellence, TAMU, Administration Building, 400 Bizzell St, College Station, TX 77843, USA
About The Event
Evidence-Based Practice and Policy (EBPP) posits that health care providers should use the best available evidence, ideally from current, high-quality systematic reviews, together with clinical or real-world experience, to help patients and members of the public prevent, resolve, or cope with problems related to their health, according to their values and preferences. Clinically, the practice of EBPP involves the following steps:
- Defining clinical questions in a way that allows clear answers (Ask)
- Efficient searching for the best information to answer the question (Acquire)
- Appraising the evidence to determine its strength (Appraise)
- Extracting the clinical message from the information (Apply)
- Applying that information to ones’ patients, including weighing risks, benefits, costs and inconveniences in the context of patient values and preferences (Act)
Currently, we perceive a need for methodologically sound EBPP skills training, particularly for healthcare providers and trainees that haven’t been extensively exposed to evidence-based practice training.
This skills training workshop in EBPP is targeted at health professionals in clinical practice, clinicians in training, and faculty who teach evidence-based practice and policy curricula.